Your business is your livelihood, so when investing in a new roof, you want to ensure you select the suitable membrane.
The most popular choices are thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC). While both membranes have their benefits, which is best for your building depends on your specific needs.
Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO)
Thermoplastic polyolefin is a single-ply roofing membrane made from polypropylene and ethylene-propylene rubber.
TPO roofs are available in white, gray, and black. They can be installed using either fully adhered or mechanically fastened systems.
TPO is a popular choice for commercial roofs because it is energy efficient, reflective, and easy to install.
- Energy efficiency: TPO membranes are highly reflective, which helps to keep your building cool in the summer and lowers your energy bills.
- Easy to install: TPO is easy to install and is a good choice for both new construction and re-roofing projects.
- Durability: TPO is a rigid roofing material that can withstand high winds and heavy rains. It is also resistant to fire, UV rays, and chemicals.
- Cost: TPO membranes are more expensive than PVC membranes.
Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
PVC (polyvinyl chloride) is a type of plastic used to make pipes, siding, and other building materials. It’s an excellent option for flat roofs and keeps the temperature cool. PVC (like TPO) is recyclable and environmentally friendly. Its bright surface cuts UV radiation and aids energy efficiency.
- Cost: PVC membranes are less expensive than TPO membranes.
- Fire resistance: PVC is a fire-resistant material, making it a good choice for buildings in fire-prone areas.
- UV resistance: PVC is resistant to UV rays, making it a good choice for roofs exposed to direct sunlight.
- Installation: PVC can be more difficult to install than TPO because it requires special equipment and training.
So which type of roofing membrane is the best for your building?
It depends on your budget and your needs. If you need a durable roof that can withstand extreme weather conditions, TPO or PVC would be a good choice. However, TPO may be the better option if cost is a concern.
Whichever type of roofing membrane you choose, work with a qualified roofing contractor to ensure your roof is installed correctly.
Salem business owners! Protect your investment with a new roof from JB Commercial Roofing LLC.
A new roof is a wise investment for any business. Not only does it protect your building, but it can also save you money on your energy bill. Roofs are typically made of high-quality materials that will last for years.
We understand that appearances are important to business owners. That’s why our roofs not only keep you safe and dry but also look great too. You’ll be proud to show them off to your customers and employees. So, are you ready for a new PVC Roofing Membrane or TPO Roofing membrane? Get your free estimate now!